The Detectors and Instrumentation depeartment's research and development activities are declined at present in three major themes:
- "Detectors", which collects all the R&D activities on the studies of new systems of particles detection, the new concepts which use already experienced detection techniques and the new detector characterization systems.
- "Command and control", which studies the modern means of experiments piloting, which it is material or software, including the development of interfaces suited to the state-of-the-art instruments.
- "Materials", which collects the research activities on the implementation of the new materials used for the diverse instrumentations of the experiments including the studies on their manufacturing, gluing and thin films
- Pixelized Micromegas design and tests for low pressures, (drift cage - Mylar Cathode, field reducing frame, electronics, mechanics for stainless tank)
- µTPC design and tests for nucleus blacklash detection.
- Purification and gases quality control system for the gas detectors.
- Study of characteristics (speed of drift, attachment, ...) of gas mixtures for µTPC.
This activity is connected with the MIMAC project and is assured at the SDI by Olivier Guillaudin, Marc Marton, JF Muraz, Nadine Sauzet and Clément Thomassé..
- HF polarizers (polarimeter K / Cu 58 µm) Design and manufacturing.
This activity is connected with the CMB project and is assured at the SDI by Olivier Guillaudin
- beam Prospinner in radiotherapy, V1 and V2 pixelized detectors, Mylar windows and Mylar/to Al - nest of bee, Cu / Ht grid, electronics, Al. mechanics.
This activity is connected with the DAME project and is assured at the SDI by Olivier Guillaudin.
- LabVIEW/JMS (Java Service message) communication study.
- LabVIEW low level instruments command and control, sensors, supplies, etc., of the CCOB while CCS (Camera Control System), written in Java, CCOB control and the camera at high level. The purpose is, from the LabVIEW point of view, to receive the commands and to send back status and data towards CCS, that is establishing a gateway between CCS and CCOB, thing which was not established according to our knowledge.
This activity is connected with the LSST project and is assured at the SDI by Remi Faure et Myriam Migliore.
- Study and development of a LabVIEW generic interface piloted by USB modules of ECR ions sources
This activity is connected with the MIMAC (COMIMAC) project and is assured at the SDI by Olivier Guillaudin, Remi Faure et Olivier Zimmermann.
- Study and development of the interfacing of the system EPICS (supervision, real-time and distributed command-control for the big scientific instruments) with LabVIEW in the case of the composite architectures. Devices which are often imperative in project development phasis for big devices.
This activity is connected with the SPIRAL 2 (N+) project and is assured at the SDI by Olivier Zimmermann et Remi Faure.