Update: August 12th, 2016
- Fairouz Malek, Elisabeth Petit, Jan Stark, senior physicistes
- Thomas Meideck, PhD (2015)
- Jonathan Brown,Post-Doc (2012-2014). Now in Lyon.
- Alex Chauvin, M2 internship (mars-june 2014)
- Quentin Buat (PhD until July 31st,2013). Now in Vancouver.
- Bao Tran Le (PhD until 19 March, 2013). Now in Vietnam
What is it about?
The Standard Model of particle physics has been very successful so far but leaves some questions open, one of them being the huge difference between the energy scales of gravitation and the three other fondamental forces. A way to solve this issue would be the addition of extra space dimensions. A possible signature probing their existence at high energy colliders is by virtual exchange of gravitons. The production would occur through gluon fusion or quark-antiquark annihilation and the decay in pairs of leptons or photons (gg/qqbar -> G -> leptons/gamma gamma). Notes, publications, theses and talks are given below.
- Search for resonances in diphoton events at sqrt(s)=13 TeV with the ATLAS detector, arXiv :1606.03833 [hep-ex], submitted to JHEP (2016).
- Search for high-mass diphoton resonances in pp collisions at sqrt(s) = 8 TeV with the ATLASdetector. Phys. Rev. D 92,032004.
- Search for extra dimensions in diphoton events from proton–proton collisions at sqrt(s)= 7 TeV in the ATLAS detector at the LHC, New J. Phys. 15 043007 (2013).
- Search for extra dimensions using diphoton events in 7 TeV proton-proton collisions with the ATLAS detector, Phys. Lett. B710, 538 (2012).
- Courrier CERN, Octobre 2012.
Public and Internal Notes
- Search for scalar diphoton resonances with 15.4 ifb of data collected at sqrt(s)=13 TeV in 2015 and 2016 with the ATLAS detector, ATLAS-CONF-2016-059 :https ://atlas.web.cern.ch/Atlas/GROUPS/PHYSICS/CONFNOTES/ATLASCONF-2016-059.
- Search for resonances in diphoton events with the ATLAS detector at sqrt(s)=13 TeV, ATLASCONF-2016-018 : https ://cds.cern.ch/record/2141568
- Search for resonances in diphoton events at sqrt(s)=13 TeV with the ATLAS detector, CERNEP-2016-120
- Search for resonances in diphoton events with the ATLAS detector at sqrt(s)=13 TeV, ATLASCONF-2016-018 (2015 data) : https ://cds.cern.ch/record/2141568.
- Search for high-mass diphoton resonances in pp collisions at sqrt(s)= 8 TeV with the ATLAS detector. CERN-PH-EP-2015-043.
- Search for high-mass diphoton resonances in pp collisions at sqrt(s)= 8 TeV with the ATLAS detector. ATL-COM-PHYS-2014-870
- Search for Extra Dimensions in the Diphoton Final State using 20.3 fb−1 of pp Collisions recorded by the ATLAS detector at the LHC. ATL-COM-PHYS-2013-740.
- Search for Extra Dimensions in the Diphoton Channel using 4.9 fb−1 of Proton-Proton Collisions recorded at 7 TeV with the ATLAS Detector. ATLAS-CONF-2012-08 :
- F. Malek, Search for a high mass diphoton resonance using the ATLAS detector, 5th International Conference on New Frontiers in Physics (ICNFP2016), Crete-Kolymbari, 6-14 July 2016.European Physical Journal Web of Conferences.
- F. Malek, Non-SUSY Beyond Standard Model Searches : Recent Results from ATLAS and CMS, 4th Symposium on Prospects in the Physics of Discrete Symmetries (DISCRETE2014), 2-6 December 2014, London, UK.JoP : Conference Series 631 (2015) 01204 ATL-PHYS-PROC-2015-005.